Arun Bruce joined BCG in 2003 and has since worked across Asia, Middle East and Europe. Arun leads BCG’s Operations practice in the Middle East.
Arun Bruce is an expert in lean manufacturing, Industry 4.0, procurement and leads the Operations topic in Middle East. Arun also writes extensively in the business press on manufacturing, operations, industrial development.
Arun has delivered 20%-30% manufacturing cost improvements deploying lean and industry 4.0 levers across a range of companies:
- Global top 10 locks and hardware company: Multi-year transformation journey focused on plants across India and China, covering shop-floor design, labour productivity improvement, automation, machine and tool re-design, improved planning
- Leading S.Asian appliances company: Procurement and Lean manufacturing excellence across plants in India and China, covering value-engineering, planning excellence, low-cost automation
- World’s largest towel manufacturing plant: Lean manufacturing program covering shop-floor planning, automation, scrap reduction, de-bottlenecking, utilities cost reduction
- Top 5 Asian producer of steel tubes: Shop-floor cost reduction program covering reliability, energy efficiency, scrap reduction, value-engineering.
- Mid-sized Integrated steel company: End-to-end transformation, covering all elements including equipment availability, automation, planning, procurement, headcount reduction
- India’s leading roofing sheet manufacturer: Manufacturing cost reduction, covering product re-design, RM-mix optimization, Maintenance 4.0, labour productivity improvement
- Mid-sized (20MMTPA) cement manufacturer: Manufacturing excellence focussed on sustainability (waste reduction, green quotient improvement)
Arun is an MBA and a chemical engineer and has worked as an engineer with a leading Asian Engineering company with experience across shop floor operations, sales and after-sales.